Five benefits of gutter cleaning.
As busy homeowners, we don’t notice or pay much attention to the gutters attached to our homes. Most of the time we are just too busy. Though it may not seem like a big deal, they are very important to the well-being of the interior and exterior of our homes. The purpose of gutters are to prevent rainwater from collecting on the roof of our home and causing damage. In order for our gutters to work effectively, we must clean them regularly. There are so many benefits to regularly cleaning our gutters. Here are few of the benefits that may inspire you to have your gutters cleaned.
- Gutter cleaning prevents leaky roofs and water damage. If left unclean, leaves and other debris can cause water to get backed up in the drain. When the water gets backed up to the point where it is overflowing, it will leak into the roof and walls of your home, causing damage such as rotting and mold. Replacing a damaged roof can be pretty costly. Maintaining your gutters is inexpensive and plays a very important part in the longevity of your home.
- Helps eliminate rodents and pests. Leaves, sticks and debris are the perfect nesting ground for pests, such as rodents, birds, and mosquitos. Some carry diseases which could be detrimental to the health of our families. Also, birds and rodents that build nest in places near homes or areas where people frequent, tend to be very territorial and will attack if they feel threatened.
- Prevents over watering your garden. If you have the “green thumb” and love to plant beautiful flowers in the spring, this may be all the reason you need to keep your gutters intact. Just as overflowing water can damage your roof and walls, it can also cause damage to your garden and landscaping. The excess of water flowing into your garden can essentially drown them. Over watering your plants is just as bad for them as not watering them at all.
- Helps to prevent cracks in the foundation of your home. When your gutters get clogged up, the water can pool around and under your foundation. Overtime, the pooling water can cause your foundation and soil to erode and crack. Erosion can cause your foundation to shift. It is very important that you hire a professional to check the state of your foundation when this happens.
- Routine gutter cleaning saves you money! Making sure that your gutters are cleaned and taken care of will save you money in the long run. Though hiring a professional to clean your gutter will cost, the price is relatively less than it would be if you had to pay to repair a damaged roof or foundation.
Cleaning the gutters at home is normally a household chore on the wife’s to do list for her husband, but if you find that your significant other is afraid of heights or a couch potato, call SaniCan Bin and Exterior Cleaning to get the job done. Your home will thank you.